INTRODUCTION & OBJECTIVE

INTRODUCTION

The Smart Christmas House is a Raspberry Pi embedded system apparatus using PyGame elements, GPIO pins, and video playback on the piTFT to simulate different Christmas-themed operations. The initial part of the project involved recreating smartphone login functionality on the piTFT screen to "unlock" the house, which utilized a servo motor. From there, the user can control different LED light sequences flickering around the roof of the house. Once completed, he or she can play Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" on the speakers located within the wooden house.

OBJECTIVE

The purpose of this project was to combine all of the principles taught throughout the ECE 5725 course, primarily in labs 1 through 3, and implement an embedded system that showcases all of these Raspberry Pi capabilities. I envision that my system would be able to utilize piTFT video playback from Lab 1 to create visual and audio effects, PyGame elements from Lab 2 to enable passcode login functionality, and PWM signals/GPIO pins to stimulate festive blinking LED lights.

FINAL DEMO & TEAM PHOTO